Podcast Episode Overview
In this episode of Building a Website Pro, I share with you my Top 5 Tips for WordPress Themes: What I Wish Someone Would Have Told Me About Themes When I Started Learning WordPress.
More specifically, in this session you’ll learn:
- The difference between a WordPress framework and a WordPress theme and why it’s important
- Why it’s so important to choose only one WordPress theme
- What a WordPress child theme is and when you need one
- Why a simple black and white website might be your best choice (especially early on owning a website)
- And much more!
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- VIDEO VERSIONS of “how tos” in my podcasts will be available in the future. Would you like to be one of the few who finds out first? Feel free to join other special people like yourself who have signed up to receive my newsletters. I will only send valuable, actionable information. No Spamming. I don’t like it either.
- Elegant Themes
- Pete Williams’s Website
- OpenMyToolbox.com – Memorable access to the tools of señor Michael Szapkiw of BuildingAWebsitePro.com
- Themes Directory (Free) on WordPress.org: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/
- Theme Development documentation: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development
- GoProGift.com – Get a jump start in building your website. Get instant access to my free ebook, “7 Important Things You Need to Consider When Building a Website.”
- GoProWebHosting.com – The Web hosting provider I love and recommend to family and friends (that’s you too).
If you go to OpenMyToolbox.com, (or click on the “My Toolbox” link in my main navigation) you will find all the great tools I use for creating and maintaining professional websites. From hosting, to WordPress themes to email newsletter management, and more. This is a list I keep updated regularly with the latest tools I use to keep my websites running smoothly and hopefully these tools can help you too.
Help Out the Show!
And lastly, if you haven’t done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show and I’m aiming for 50, 5-star ratings before the end of the year! I am honored to have you here! Thank you!
Thank you so much for listening! I hope you enjoyed this episode of the podcast!
Please let me know what you think in the comment section below. And let me know what topics you might like to hear about in future episodes!
Ciao for niao!